- This event has passed.
Strategic Project Management for Operational Excellence – Denver, CO
March 13, 2020 @ 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM$195 – $249
Strategic Project Management for Operational Excellence
Creating Dramatic Success When the Solution is Unknown
Please join APICS Colorado for a special 4 hour workshop especially relevant for improvement and innovation projects when the solution is unknown. We will provide the steps and new tools for creating a crystal-clear charter through construction of a final presentation that is compelling, based on unimpeachable data and supported by qualitative customer input.
Traditional project management assumes the solution is known and your job is to execute it. Your task is to manage the time, budget, resources and risks to achieve a defined result. Unfortunately, change leaders rarely have such a clear path and must create WOW results out of uncertainty.
Most improvement and innovation projects are different, usually starting only with assumptions about or symptoms of a problem or opportunity. The fastest, most optimum solution is not yet known.
Projects related to continuous improvement, strategic initiatives, Lean, Six Sigma, customer satisfaction, new product or service innovation and cultural change fall into this category. They are often high-risk endeavors that have fuzzy direction, high failure rates and low ROI. This highly interactive workshop is designed to prevent those problems and create heroes, starting with you. The solution requires a skilled team of Crime Scene Investigators (CSI) who use the best methods and have the latest tools.
The insightful improvement and innovation leader needs to be highly effective at:
- Selecting the critical few issues for focus, from too many choices
- Defining the process problem so well it is half-solved
- Avoiding scope creep and team dysfunction
- Incorporating the voice of the customer priorities into process work
- Changing how process owners & teams think to reveal innovative solutions
- Using new tools, going beyond tired past practices of the last century
- Assuring the remedy is compelling, unimpeachable and executed fast
Success requires a transformation system as well as a systems approach to transformation. You’ll get both. See how insightful leaders achieved “impossible” outcomes, excited customers, engaged employees and set new measures of success at high speed others can only dream about. Learn how multiple practitioners got lightning fast results such as $20 million in savings, response and cycle time reductions of 80%, and recognition for best-in-class enterprise performance.
Intended Audience & Registration Instructions
If you are an executive, improvement and innovation change agent or Lean Six Sigma MBB impatient for transformative results, this jargon-free session is for you!
Please register at the bottom of this page. Find the ticket you prefer. On the right of the ticket description, click the little “+” to select the number of attendees or highlight the “0” and type the number of attendees you are purchasing tickets for. Click the blue “Get Tickets” button and follow the steps to checkout.
If you prefer to just give us a call and we will register you! Please call Tony at (781) 710-0285.
Please arrive by 7:30 AM for registration. A continental breakfast will be served. We look forward to seeing you!
Take Aways Include
- The 8 Dimensions of Excellence framework that aligns your project with strategic, operations, and customer priorities
- A Decision Tree for successful completion of the project
- New Process Selection Criteria that enables you to determine which process(es) to improve or innovate for high ROI and satisfaction
- An elegantly simple Process Mapping approach that cuts >50% of your mapping/measuring effort and reduces 80% of total process cycle time
- A Transformation Roadmap that shows what should happen before and after any process improvement project to assure biggest impact
- A Project Charter for successful completion of a process improvement project, reducing confusion, chaos, conflict, and scope creep
Tony Belilovskiy is the Executive Director of the International Institute for Customer-Centered Leadership (IICCL) and C3 Strategic Advisor. His diverse expertise includes operational excellence, project management training and coaching, culture change management, engineering in metallurgy, ballistics, licensed clinician, healthcare administration, auditor, healthcare consulting, entrepreneurial business ownership, statistician and conference speaker. Tony holds both Bachelors in Cardiopulmonary Sciences and Masters in Healthcare Management and Administration from Northeastern University in Boston, MA; Associates Degree in Metallurgy from Odessa Polytechnic Institute in Odessa, Ukraine.
Robin Lawton is an internationally recognized author, executive coach and expert in creating rapid strategic alignment between enterprise objectives and customer priorities. Rob has directed strategic and operational improvement initiatives since 1985. He coined the term “customer-centered culture” with Creating a Customer-Centered Culture: Leadership in Quality, Innovation and Speed (1993). His fourth book, published in 2017, is Mastering Excellence: A Leader’s Guide to Aligning Strategy, Culture, Customer Experience & Measures of Success. Both books are 5-star rated at Amazon. Thousands of leaders have used his powerful but easy-to-understand principles, strategies and tools to improve and measure service, knowledge work and customer satisfaction.